Andre’s Cannabis Pumpkin Pie.
A seasonal treat from our beloved Chef Andre, we hop eyou enjoy this special Pumpkin High, erm we mean pie, Pumpkin pie 🙂
Short pastry base:
- 280 g spelt flour
- 40g hemp seed flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g sugar
- 1 egg (size M)
- 100 g butter Room temperature
- First, the spelt flour, hemp flour and baking powder are mixed evenly.
- Next, put the cream, egg, butter and sugar in a bowl, then add the flour mixture and mix to a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out the short pastry on a floured work surface to a roundish shape of approx. 32 cm.
- Line a greased and floured cake tin of about 26 cm diameter with it and cut off any excess dough. Prick the cake base several times with a fork and cover with baking paper.
- For blind baking, put chickpeas on the baking paper inside the form and bake in the preheated oven with circulating air: 175 °C for 15-20 minutes on the middle shelf.
- To prevent the edges from getting too dark, cover the dough with aluminum foil for the first 10-15 minutes. Then take the peas and baking paper out of the tin and bake the base for another 5 minutes.
- 800g butternut pumpkin – in cubes
- 150g brown raw cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250g mascarpone cream cheese
- 3g cannabis flowers decarboxylated, finely ground
- 6-8g cinnamon powder
- Cloves -milled to a fine powder
- 6-10g grated ginger
- The pumpkin cubes are steamed softly in a sieve over boiling water for about 12-15 minutes and pureed together with the cream cheese to a smooth cream conistency.
- Now add eggs and sugar and season with cannabis, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves, mix evenly, and season to taste.
- The finished mixture is now put into the pie base and smoothed out.
- Bake the Pumpkin Pie in the oven at 150°c for about 45 minutes until the filling has completely set.
- When the Pumpkin Pie has cooled down, garnish it with meringue.
- 50g egg white
- 150g cannabis lautering sugar*.
- 2CL Water
- pinch of salt
- Sugar thermometer
(*the cannabis lautering sugar can be replaced by white sugar either completely or only partially)
- The egg whites are beaten stiff with a pinch of salt. At the same time, the lump sugar is placed in a pot and brought to a boil until it reaches 118°c.
- At 118°c, everything should be done quite quickly, because the lautering sugar is mixed into the beaten egg white at exactly the right temperature with a whisk or hand mixer and beaten until the mixture has cooled down to about 45°c.
- The mixture can now be evenly applied to the pumpkin mass with a piping bag or spatula. The egg mass should dry for about 30-45 minutes before the pie is now baked in the oven at 90°c convection oven for 60 minutes.
- Just before serving, brown the pie under the salamander or top heat in the oven under constant observation.
- As it cools down, it forms a crispy meringue crust.
- After standing a little longer, the crust can be baked crispy again by briefly applying intense top heat.
Enjoy with family and friends